05 Aug Catholic Destination Weddings – In Paradise!
If you’re a future bride or groom looking to tie the knot and still incorporate your Catholic faith, look no further! The answer is yes, you can have a legal Catholic ceremony in Mexico or the Caribbean that meets all expectations of the Catholic Church, and comes with some beautiful ocean views. Luckily enough, LovinAway has planned countless Catholic destination weddings and we have the insider details on the process, requirements, and most of all, where the best chapels are that are situated right in the heart of paradise!
When it comes to picking out the perfect destination for you to say your “I do’s”, the Romance Experts of LovinAway highly recommend picking a destination and resort that has a Catholic Chapel right on-site. It’s ideal because you can have your ceremony, cocktail reception, wedding reception and even an after party all within walking distance of your hotel room, without coordinating transportation to another chapel in town.
Below are our preferred resorts with Catholic Chapels right on-site!
If you are interested in having your ceremony at a chapel off of the resort grounds or in any other destinations, contact LovinAway. They are the true experts in destination wedding planning. Click below to begin planning!
Catholic Destination Weddings – FAQ
How much does it cost to have a Catholic Destination Wedding?
- Most of LovinAway’s preferred resorts have a minor “Catholic Ceremony Fee” that can range between $300 to $900. This includes all Catholic Marriage Documents and your chapel rental! Keep in mind that there are also complimentary wedding packages where floral decorations and other destination wedding goodies are totally on the house!
What documents need to be provided when having a legal Catholic ceremony?
- The documents that are typically required to have a legal Catholic ceremony are usually a Baptism Certificate, Confirmation Certificate and an authorization letter from your Bishop to celebrate your marriage in another Dioceses.
How many days do you need to arrive prior to the wedding?
- Most resorts and chapels require the wedding couple and their 4 witnesses to arrive 3 business days prior to their desired wedding date. This is to ensure that there is plenty of time to complete all paperwork and it also gives you an excuse to start the vacation in paradise a little bit earlier!
Is the Priest included with the Catholic Ceremony cost?
- Yes! When you pay the fee at your resort to have a legal Catholic Ceremony, a local Priest will officiate your wedding. You are more than welcome to have your priest come and officiate your wedding if you choose!
What days of the week can you have a Catholic Ceremony?
- Catholic Ceremonies are only offered Monday through Saturday. Times vary throughout the day starting at 11am to 6pm, with ceremonies every hour.